Friday, December 13, 2013

Finding Photo Ops~~~Snow~~~Quotes~~~

More picture taking fun...  It's too cold to go out and take pictures...  So I am left with what I can "imagine," inside.  :-)


Yes, this is of outside.  But taken, just opening the patio door and aiming the camera OUT.  ,-)  Put the inside Halloween pumpkin...  Out back.  I can keep taking pics of it, as it goes through the winter.   Sooooo....  Be aware...  You are gonna' see more of this little pumpkin, if you keep visiting here.   -grin-


More pic-taking-fun...  Looking for sparkles, in reflections, in glass.
 


"Winter came down to our home one night
Quietly pirouetting in on silvery-toed slippers of snow,
And we, we were children once again."
                       ~Bill Morgan, Jr.

 

Oh, the above quote...  About winter coming...  "Quietly pirouetting in on silvery-toed slippers of snow"    Oh I love the "word-picture", this paints.  And I could go-off on a tangent of finding pictures, illustrating 'snow faeries' and etc.  :-))))))))))


And then, there is that old poem/song...  "Oh The First Snow Fall Of The Winter..."   That's pretty.  

And... "Snow provokes responses that reach right back to childhood."  Andy Goldsworthy  

  “Is it snowing where you are? All the world that I see from my tower is draped in white and the flakes are coming down as big as pop-corns. It's late afternoon - the sun is just setting (a cold yellow colour) behind some colder violet hills, and I am up in my window seat using the last light to write to you.”  Jean Webster, 'Daddy-Long-Legs' ......  


And last but not least...   
"I used to be Snow White, but I drifted."   
Mae West

 



 

6 comments:

Laura S Reading said...

I wish we had snow - it has been too freezing for those little flakes to form. But I know it is coming!

Your photos are beautiful and it will be fun to see how the pumpkin survives the winter. I still have a few mini pumpkin gourds on my kitchen windowsill.

September Violets said...

Very nice indoor pics Tessa :) I do like that deep red ball wreath. It looks so nice against the mirror. I'm trying to warm up after a chilly walk this morning and clearing off the drive of a bit of snow, and then feeding the birds in the back. The pine branches are all stiff from the cold wind. Nudged the heat up and having hot tea now ... brrrr! Wendy x

It's me said...

Love your wreath....lovely weekend love Ria...x !

Stacy said...

It's been icy with just a little snow here! I love the wreath hanging with the mirror. I wish I could do the same look at my house. Merry Christmas, Tessa!

Anonymous said...

sometimes, restrictions can be wonderful. to work within whatever you got and to make the best of it. great pics!!! xoxo

Ricki Treleaven said...

Your ornament wreath is spectacular. I've always wanted to make one!

I must ask you….did you take the photo on your heading? It is such a lovely photo.

xo,
RJ