Saturday, November 9, 2013

Steadily moving, farther into the year...

I try to *capture* pics of the little birds, scratching for seeds, out on the back patio.  They are precious to watch.  But I don't do so well, with photographing them.    

Another year's bitter sweet, out back.  I love this pic, so I am using it again.

Ahhh yes, it's baking time.  Actually today, I have to make my husband an Apple Pie.  All for himself.  ,-)  Next weekend, I'll make one, for son next door and family.  Then on Thanksgiving, I have to take one, over to other son's home....  For family Thanksgiving dinner.    

And the sad thing is, I hate making Apple Pies.  -moan-  They have to have my home made crust, and it's a wee bit of work.  :-)

This is another year's mantle...  Since I still have Halloween decorations up, and it's really time, to take them down, what to do next???  This Lady Pilgrim, carved by my husband, years ago, fits.  Now I have to find her and dust her off, for this year. 

Just another light-shadow.  When I notice something like this, I run for my camera.  :-)  'Cause they are interesting.  And it's always good, to have some random photos, to post.  







4 comments:

Sylvia said...

All your baking has made me hungry. You sure have been busy. Putting up decorations is fun but taking them down isn't. I think because it's a little sad to see them go since that had brought us so much joy.

Stacy said...

I struggle with photographing small birds too - they are so quick. My mom bakes the best apple pies but I have yet to learn how to make a proper crust!

September Violets said...

I'm not surprised your sons demand homemade apple pies from you ... your pie looks delicious! I love making pies, and baking in general, but don't do a whole lot of it. I think your photo of the little junko is perfect. I have these sweet little birds digging through the leaves in my yard too, and look just like this - half buried in leaves. One hit the window last week and sat on the window ledge for about an hour. I kept an eye on him until he finally recovered enough to fly again, poor thing. Thank you for showing us your pilgrim lady ... your husband did a wonderful job in the carving ... love this folk art carving. I used to carve when I was younger, but only in relief. Enjoy your Sunday Tessa :) Wendy x

Laura S Reading said...

I think they are all beautiful shots. Cozy and inviting and sharing the wonders of a beautiful life.
We should all learn to appreciate the small moments.