Sunday, August 11, 2013

Soft, whispy, fluttering.......


Late afternoon sun, shining on the Cosmos...  Their greenery looks so wispy and soft...  You can almost see a faerie or two, fluttering among the wisps...

Pictures like these (in 'Romantic Homes' magazine) make we want to get another sewing machine...   Many years ago, I had one.  And had fun, making Jiffy Patterns, etc.

Then, about 3 years ago, I had use of one, which we gave to a Granddaughter.   For awhile.  I did (very little) pillow covering sewing.  Perhaps it's time to get my own, again...

My-always-worry....  Will I use it, after I get it?  I tend to be like a moth...  Seeing this pretty-shiny-new-project...  And that pretty-shiny-new-project...   Flying around it and sampling it...  Then, leaving it.  -sigh- 

  
Love the whimsy of these chairs, in our new (independent) book store in town.  Love them!   Had to take a pic of them, as well as sit in them.  Love them!!!

Reading!  That's one "love" which I don't abandon.  But, being older, I use our Library System for most reading.  At this time of life, it's "get-rid-of-extra-things-time".  Not "time-to-bring-more-things-into-our-home".   

Another "photo-which-says-Summer"!  :-)  The softness of it.  The quiet of Summer afternoons.  The gentle warmth and the hum of bees and flying insects.  The lushness of it.


4 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I'm not much of a sewer, but I got an $89 machine at Walmart and am happy with it for pillows and such. It's not that much of a commitment at that price.

Pearl Maple said...

Lovely photos that all say summer in a beautiful way

pembrokeshire lass said...

You're so right. It is very lush!! I love cosmos and always forget to plant them until I see them in others' gardens.Mags like that also call to me and I have a new sewing machine that I bought....full of good ideas...and haven't taken out of the box. There always seems something so much more important to do....like lie out in the sunlounge and dream as I read Romantic homes...or something similar! What ever you're doing...enjoy it! Joan

Marilyn said...

Love Romantic Homes magazine and seeing your garden.

One day you really must have someone make you a proper cup of tea. It is so different from just having a cups of Lipton's black teabag dipped in the cup. Before I started exploring tea I wasn't sure I liked tea, but I liked all the tea party food. Thanks for visiting me today.