Sunday, December 1, 2013

December 1st... About the Celebration...

Some decorating done...  Even the mantle (above) isn't fully done, but it looks colorful and bright with Faerie Lights. 

The collection of hand-carved Santas...  Which my husband has made, over the years.  Wooden decorations are nice.  They won't break, over the packed-away-time.  :-)

I love sweet old fashioned Christmas illustrations!

This post is sparse.  I've been composing another "Sometimes I Write" Page entry, though.  On the topic of "The Celebration Of This Time Of Year"...


Source

If you care to read it, you may click on this link....

Thank you. 



4 comments:

Laura S Reading said...

You mantle is bright and cheerful. It will help chase away the winter blahs that come with less sunlight.
I love the hand carved santas. Even better when done by a loved one.
When I was very young my neighbor from Germany was a carver. I treasured the times we were able to see what he made. It was always "look, don't touch."

Later I hope to post some of my vintage children's and holiday book illustrations. I do appreciate them so much more than newer versions.

Sylvia said...

You have a lovely home and decoations. Have a blessed Sunday, Tessa.

Ricki Treleaven said...

I like your mantel! I just have tons of tea light votives on ours….we have the TV problem above it!

Anonymous said...

I love all of your decorations and your home looks lovely! Little by little you'll get all the decorating done :D
Hugs,
Beth P