Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Reading... For wishing... For courage to do... What we wish for... :-)

Commenting in a friend's blog, I was reminded of the book "Unplug The Christmas Machine."  I've had it for years, and think it's marvelous.  It helps one be *brave* enough to buck-the-trend, of this Holiday Season.

The trend which is constantly being pushed on us, in adds, and tv, and in magazines, and news papers, and in stores, and in the Mall, and even the radio...  Buy, buy, buy!  Do, do, do!  Run, run, run!  Bake, bake, bake!  Plan, plan, plan!
 
Bucking-the-trend is hard to do, this time of year.  -sigh-


A similar book, which I've also had for years is "Simplify Your Christmas," by Elaine St. James.  (Click-able links to these books, are at the end of this post...)  Way back when I first bought and read this little book...  Doing such things, was only a dream. 

 
I'm happy to say, that over the years, I have done more and more, to simplify my Christmas.  !!!!!!!!   What were sort of dream-books, for me...  Have become more real.   Yessss....  :-)


Do you long to simplify your Christmas, or whatever Holiday you celebrate, at this time of the year?  If so,  have you found any reading, which has been helpful, for you?  Would you please share these books, etc. with the rest of us?



As I said earlier in this post, I share click-able links to the books I mentioned...  Below.


LINKS to BOOKS



 

 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tessa, sounds like you have this part of the year quite under control... BRAVO!!!!
Hugs,
Beth P