Monday, October 21, 2013

This and that, and the other thing... :-)))

Toy Dump Truck, my husband made, for a silent auction.  For the annual Rotary Scholarship Foundation Brunch.  All made from pieces of various woods, he had left over, from previous wood working projects.


What a Full Harvest Moon we had, hu???????  :-)



I've been doing less Cozy Mystery book reading...  And more books on nutrition and How To Eat And Live.  These above, are a couple of them.



But my favorite is "The French Don't Diet Plan."  Basically it says to: 

*Eat real food.  

*Do not eat processed foods.  

*Take time to enjoy your meals, so you won't overeat.  

*Have a glass of wine.  

*Stay active.  

*Slow our hectic American lifestyle down enough, to enjoy your life.

:-)
 


Examples of real food.  Organic fruit.  Real cream.  (See, no long table of contents on any of those things...)
 
  

Home made Eggplant Parm.




Whatcha' think...????????????






3 comments:

September Violets said...

Love the wooden truck! My husband also does woodworking, but he's never gone for making small items (too fussy for him I think). Even though I brought home a few patterns of really nice toys that he could make for our own kids (doll stroller & chairs), he refused. Oh well. Like your idea of simpler, healthier eating. Meals don't have to be complicated to be delicious & good for you. Wendy

Sylvia said...

Great job your husband did on the truck. Like the French don't diet book, it sounds like me!

Beehive Needleworks said...

Oh dearie me, I LOVE the handmade truck...it memories of precious toys my father made for me when I was a wee thing. *sigh*
Preparing healthy meals is ever to enjoyable...thank you for sharing your bounty!
Sending hugs ...
Judy