Saturday, November 2, 2013

Book Lovers' Day!!! And 'Darius'..........

Today, the first Saturday of November is
Book Lovers' Day.  So I have been told by "DogsMom Visits" blog.   Thank you much to "DogsMom"!

Source
Anyone remember these?  Old fashioned card catalogs?  Sure enough, I do.  But then, I am "olden".  :-)

Source
Happily, I am a Book Lover.  And I'm happy to celebrate today. 


Source
Of course, who wouldn't be thrilled to visit any one of these pictured libraries????


Source
Who could remain not a book lover, when visiting in these???  Happy sigh...


Source

In '99 we spent 8 wonderful days in Paris.  My only regret, is not going into...

Source
"Shakespeare And Company."

Source
 We walked by, and did not enter.   Because  I was in a hurry to get to...

 Source

"Darius'" church, from "Highlander, The Series"...  Which I did go into, though... 

"From the first season onward, the 13th century Church of St. Julien le Pauvre in Paris was a shooting location for Highlander: the Series, which ran for six seasons.......... Located on the Left Bank of the Seine in the Latin Quarter, St. Julien sits across the river from Notre Dame in a little park called the Square René Viviani.........The church made its television debut in the pivotal Season One episode Band of Brothers, which also introduced Duncan MacLeod's friend and mentor Darius, a 2000-year-old Immortal priest with an unusual past."

Source
 Does anyone remember watching "Highlander, The Series"?  And the character of 'Darius'???????

Anyone?

Anyone?

Anyone?



3 comments:

Laura S Reading said...

I am in love with the libraries you shared, the books and the green leather couches!

And card catalogues! I happily spent many hours with those. I wish I would have one (or a few) in my home now. I do own enough books to justify one.

I think you have another reason to revisit Paris.

Sylvia said...

I don't find much time to read, but do enjoy a good book once in awhile. When I was a senior in high school, I worked in the school Library and yes spent much time with the card catalogs. I guess that makes me "olden" also.

Stuff I Do said...

My local library still has been using the old card catalog. (We have a woodstove to heat with too) Sadly this year they voted to put the catalog online. Oh well, modern times!